Mango Rose Lassi
Lassi is a refreshing yogurt drink popular across the Indian subcontinent, perfect for those hot summer days. This simple drink can be made sweet or savoury. Today we'll be making a sweet mango lassi using the Spicecraft Lassi Mix which is a delicious blend of spiced cardamom sugar and organic rose dust. It is mixed with plain yogurt, water and mangoes. You can make lassi with any seasonal fruit - especially blueberries and strawberries.Use Almond Milk for a delicious vegan alternative.Make your own Lassi Mix with 1 tbsp caster sugar, 1 pinch cardamon powder, 1 tsp rose dust or rose petals, 1 pinch salt.
- 1 pack Spicecraft Lassi Mix (each pack makes 6 serves)
- 0.5 cup Natural or Plain Greek Yogurt Use Almond Milk for a vegan version
- 0.5 cup water
- 0.5 cup fresh or frozen Mango (or other seasonal fruit)
- additional sugar to taste
- Add 1 heaped tablespoon on the Spicecraft Lassi Mix to 0.5 cup yogurt, 0.5 cup water in a blender.
- Add 0.5 cup fruit. Traditionally Lassi is made with mango, but experiment with seasonal fruits like blueberries and strawberries. You can even skip adding the fruit and it will still taste delicious.
- Blitz for 30 seconds or until the rose petals are fully crushed
- Mix in more sugar if you prefer it sweeter.
- Serve chilled with ice